We are on the hunt for a Senior Project Manager expert in the San Antonio area that has a background in the industrial construction industry. The ideal candidate will possess a background in industrial construction with a focus on large projects. This candidate will not be afraid to be an “out of the box” thinker as well as a “problem identifier”.
All About This Opportunity
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing projects ranging in size and scope and should also expect to help manage more junior project managers by overseeing their projects at a high level. The Senior Project Manager is expected to ensure all work performed on the projects assigned to that individual are run within our safety guidelines and within budget while maintaining quality standards.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Plan and work with operations to ensure the project is built properly and within budget.
- Provide leadership to more junior project managers and help them learn the skills necessary to become senior project managers while overseeing their projects at a higher level. Help provide mentoring and development of individuals.
- Work directly with the owner or customer and maintain a good professional relationship rapport in order to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Plan out work to be completed during each phase of a project, and then work with operations to maintain a schedule to hit all benchmarks and scheduled cut off days.
- Maintain a cooperative environment, where all individuals involved in a project have clearly defined roles, feel engaged, and motivated to work together in order to achieve project goals and hit deadlines.
- Determine the resources necessary to complete each phase of the project.
- Be able to update management on the status of the Senior Project Manager’s project, as well as be able to give updates on the status of junior project manager’s projects assigned to the Senior Project Manager.
- Use data to analyze the state of the project in order to monitor project costs and project the financial health of the project.
- Identify potential risk factors (schedule, safety, personnel) and work to mitigate their impact on the project.
- Work in an ethical manner and within all Improvement policies.
- Ensure proper permitting is acquired and all local, state and federal regulations are taken into account.
- Help provide value engineering when you are able to find it. Optimize the project and work to help find solutions to problems.
- Identify areas of improvement and work to help improve reputation with our employees, customers, industry, and communities.
What You’ll Need to Win
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, chemistry, physics or construction management from a four-year college or university or equivalent experience
- 10 years of project management experience.
- Experience in large project construction and/or industrial construction
- Ability to use technology and computers on a daily basis
- Previous experience using estimating and accounting software to work on the analysis
- Competent in the use of computer software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook as well as scheduling software
- Local experience preferred
- Strong organizational capabilities and focus; analytical and logical thinking
- Progressive development through technical, administrative, coordination, and management roles.
- Good written and verbal English skills
- Language skills (Spanish, etc.) are a plus
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Benefits and Salary
- Rewarding Challenges
- Professional Environment
- Legendary Quality
- Dynamic Team Environment
- Opportunities for advancement
For more information
for this position please forward your resume or email us at [email protected]
We work hard for our candidates. You want a company that understands your industry and is willing to go the extra mile. Blue Ridge Executive Search is that company. We have successfully recruited and placed hundreds of candidates within the construction industry.