The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, completion and financial outcome of large, complex projects varying in size from $20-$40+ million as well as overseeing multiple smaller construction projects simultaneously.
- Direct all construction activities and administrative processes to ensure successful project planning, execution and closure
- Achieve objectives related to conceptual estimating, bidding, buyout, contract administration, scheduling, cost reporting, owner relationships, quality standards, safety, project closeout, project profitability and owner satisfaction
- Lead client and project teams to ensure quality and timely execution of design/build commercial projects from “concept-to-completion”
- Make a significant contribution with Project Director to preconstruction services including conceptual estimating and bidding projects
- Fulfill project accounting and job cost reporting; monitor and forecast project costs
- Prepare monthly status reports for submittal to Project Director
- Train, develop and manage project managers, superintendents and project engineers, including providing input on performance evaluations.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and direction setting to project teams
- Ensure all risk management controls are deployed and utilized
- Develop and maintain the schedule
- Meet or exceed profit projections for each project
- Generate new business opportunities
- Develop and maintain successful client relationships
- Represent and promote Brinkmann Constructors on both the job site and within the community through involvement with industry and/or community associations. Serves on leadership boards as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (i.e. civil, architectural or construction), construction management or related field is preferred
- 10+ years’ project management experience in commercial construction, proven experience on projects valued at $20M or above and leading multiple smaller projects simultaneously
- Prior estimating experience is preferred
- Ability to walk the job site, climb ladders and scaffolding, lift loads up to 50 lbs.
- General knowledge of construction principles/practices required
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedules
- Ability to understand and solve complex challenges in order to present alternative solutions
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft Office suite and SharePoint
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future