Our client, a national general contractor is seeking a Senior Estimator to join the Northeast & Mid-Atlantic Region located in Center City Philadelphia.
Through a team environment, the Estimator will perform their duties and responsibilities supporting the common goal of winning work through the development of high-quality estimates and proposals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review project Request for Proposal documents for accuracy and completeness and create questions as they relate to assigned scope of work.
- Solicit subcontractor/vendor quotations, preparing and distribute bid documents, responding to inquiries, being knowledgeable of respective scopes of work and responsibilities.
- Review, interpret and accurately estimate the assigned scope of work by CSI Divisions, including quantity take-offs and pricing of labor, material, equipment, etc.
- Evaluate and analyze subcontractor/vendor proposals to ensure accuracy in scope (quantities, schedule, inclusions, exclusions, etc.).
- Prepare subcontractors/vendors’ proposal analysis sheets.
- Perform lump sum estimating as well as conceptual estimating, in design-build situations, in support of a firm-fixed-price estimate.
- Assist with purchasing and definition of subcontractor/vendor agreement scope of work.
- Ability to understand construction documents and recognize potential construction issues.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to work in a team environment with multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to successfully communicate and work with subcontractors in a variety of disciplines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word primarily).
- Working knowledge of On-Screen take-off software or similar.
- Working knowledge of estimating software.
- Experience using Sage Timberline estimating software a plus.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in the construction industry with an emphasis on subcontractor outreach, coordination and/or estimating in the Philadelphia tri-state region
- Experience in lump sum, fixed price and design-build estimating a plus.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Competitive Benefits and Salary
- Rewarding Challenges
- Professional Environment
- Legendary Quality
- Dynamic Team Environment
- Opportunities for advancement
Blue Ridge Executive
6930 Brevard Rd
P.O. Box 1237
Etowah, NC 28729
For more information for this position please forward your resume or email us at [email protected]
We work hard for our candidates. You want a company that understands your industry and is willing to go the extra mile. Blue Ridge Executive Search is that company. We have successfully recruited and placed hundreds of candidates within the construction industry.