DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE SKILLS REQUIRED
- Knowledge and use of estimating software (SmartBid, Timberline, Excel, OST)
- Ability to create and analyze value management options.
- Management of multiple individual projects from concept through the bidding, design and subcontract bidding phases of these projects.
- Ability to work in high pressure situation such as bid day.
- Analyze and measure “risk” between subcontractors.
- Ability to analyze and determine approach for various project delivery types (LS, Cost Plus, GMP).
- Review bid documents and perform quantity take-offs.
- Strong communication skills with ability to interact and communicate effectively.
- Strong follow-up skills on RFIs to the architect.
- Thoroughness and quality of deliverables presented to clients.
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ of $15M+, ground up construction in multifamily and commercial.
- Order, review and distribute bid documents and preform quantity take-offs.
- Preparing conceptual estimates from limited information and participate in project reviews.
- Working closely with project manager and superintendent regarding schedule and special construction considerations.
- Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the competency checklist. • Adheres to policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
Degrees in the field of Finance, Construction Science or Engineering are preferred, however not required
- Microsoft Office
- Timberline (preferred)