Our client, a national general contractor is seeking a Senior Estimator to join the Northeast & Mid-Atlantic Region located in Center City Philadelphia.
Through a team environment, the Estimator will perform their duties and responsibilities supporting the common goal of winning work through development of high quality estimates and proposals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review project Request for Proposal documents for accuracy and completeness and create questions as they relate to assigned scope of work.
- Solicit subcontractor/vendor quotations, preparing and distribute bid documents, responding to inquiries, being knowledgeable of respective scopes of work and responsibilities.
- Review, interpret and accurately estimate assigned scope of work by CSI Divisions, including quantity take-offs and pricing of labor, material, equipment, etc.
- Evaluate and analyze subcontractor/vendor proposals to insure accuracy in scope (quantities, schedule, inclusions, exclusions, etc.).
- Prepare subcontractors/vendors proposal analysis sheets.
- Perform lump sum estimating as well as conceptual estimating, in design-build situations, in support of a firm fixed price estimate.
- Assist with purchasing and definition of subcontractor / vendor agreement scope of work.
- Ability to understand construction documents and recognize potential construction issues.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to work in a team environment with multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to successfully communicate and work with subcontractors in a variety of disciplines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word primarily).
- Working knowledge of On-Screen take-off software or similar.
- Working knowledge of estimating software.
- Experience using Sage Timberline estimating software a plus.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in the construction industry with an emphasis on subcontractor outreach, coordination and/or estimating in the Philadelphia tri-state region
- Experience in lump sum, fixed price and design-build estimating a plus.