The Scheduling Engineer will be responsible for the creation and management of the construction schedule from post bid through construction. This position will work in collaboration with Project Managers, Superintendents, and the Scheduling Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly involved in initial job planning, scheduling of time & materials
- Monitors job progresses and updates schedules accordingly
- Analizes changes and problem solves for solutions
- Works closely with Senior Project Mangers, Project Managers and Superintendent to develop timelines
- Utilizes CPM scheduling techniques
- Provides guidance, training, and mentoring to the Project Management and Engineering Staff on scheduling and schedule updates
- Demonstrates commitment to a safe and injury free work environment through own actions and mentoring others
- Strong verbal and written communication ability
- Willingness to be given instruction and follow through with execution
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and within a team
- Desire to learn new processes and technologies
- Understand the sequencing of construction projects as well as MEP and Structural engineering disciplines
- Strong understanding of construction practices, procedures, and the methods of construction.
- Proficient in Primavera P6
- Working knowledge in MS Project
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Graduate engineer or architect or have a B.S. or B.A. degree in Construction Management. Equivalent years of experience may be substituted.
- Two or more years in the design and commercial construction industry is preferred.
- Must be accomplished in using the Critical Path Method (CPM) scheduling technique.
- Prove track record to run large scale projects 240M and up.
- Maintain positive relationships with client/ owners and resolve disputes
- Monitor project budgets, back charges and schedules.
- Working background in High Rise/ Hotel Ground up preferred.
Blue Ridge Executive Search
P.O. Box 1237
Etowah, NC 28729
For more information for this position please forward your resume or email us at [email protected]