We are currently seeking qualified Superintendents to join one of the top GCs in Florida.
My client is a large Florida based General Contractor that specializes in the construction of public facilities including schools, libraries, police & fire stations, parks, municipal and private projects. The corporate office is located in Fort Lauderdale with branch offices in Miami, Palm Beach, and Orlando. They specialize in negotiated projects utilizing the Construction Management @ Risk and Design Build delivery systems. Projects are located throughout South Florida and typically range in size from 5 to 30 million dollars. My client is known as one of the premier contractors constructing public projects in Florida with over 90% of our projects coming from repeat clients.
The Superintendent is the company representative that has the primary responsibility for all field operations and subcontractor supervision in the field. The Superintendent will work in direct cooperation with the Project Manager and other project staff to achieve a successful project.The responsibility of the Superintendent shall include, but not limited to the following:
- Coordinate construction activities among subcontractors and other individuals/companies involved with the project.
- Have a strong knowledge of the Construction Documents and ensure construction is in compliance with the Construction Documents.
- Supervise project safety and ensure all workers on site are complying with safety requirements and the project safety plan.
- Assess adequate staffing of subcontractors and field work force.
- Assess sufficient supply of materials and equipment.
- Help establish the project schedule and provide information needed to create, monitor, and modify the project schedule on a continuing basis.
- Work with the Project Manager to develop and administer the site utilization program, site services, safety plan and security arrangements necessary for the project.
- Monitoring actual versus required performance by all parties and determines whether subcontractors are providing sufficient work force and hours of work to achieve performance commitments.
- Maintaining thorough familiarity with the requirements of the general contract and ensuring that the requirements are carried out.
- Responsible for ensuring that all field work is being performed with a high standard of quality and in an efficient manner.
- Maintain a daily job log of activities and subcontractors on site.
- Minimum of 7 years of previous field superintendent experience. Must have a clear understanding of the construction process and hands-on experience managing projects $7 million or larger. Candidates must have strong organization and leadership skills and a commitment to safety.