The Superintendent is responsible for all aspects of jobsite management including staffing, scheduling, and business partner/subcontractor relations. As site leader, Superintendent effectively oversees project from award through completion. The successful candidate will have extensive industry experience that demonstrates excellent understanding of the unique needs and requirements of clients, projects, departments and systems. Healthcare industry experience strongly preferred.
- Professionally represent and effectively support Company strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of commercial construction and exceptional jobsite management skills.
- Fosters positive long-term relationships with subcontractors and business partners.
- Possesses detailed process & application knowledge relating to building codes, budget management, construction practices, project scheduling, etc.
- Ensure on-time delivery while maintaining team focus on safety, quality and budget.
- Fully understands and effectively utilizes drawings, specifications, subcontract agreements and purchase orders.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining project schedule.
- Assist Project Manager with maintain costs through efficient use of company labor and material.
- Experienced at forecast labor need to a specific project.
- Oversee self-preformed activities.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining site logistics.
- Assists Project Manager with material delivery schedules.
- Assumes primary responsibility for leading, implementing and enforcing jobsite safety requirements.
- Leads on-site with job set-up, communications, safety compliance, record-keeping, quality control and closeout as needed.
- Strong technology skills: Proficient in MS Office and various systems.
- Strong leadership, conflict management and communication skills (verbal and written); Able to build rapport and negotiate skillfully.
- Strong organizational and planning skills; Able to effectively allocate and develop resources.
- Results-focused; Able to effectively delegate and follow-up.
- Professional, dependable and ethical.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent preferred (HS diploma required).
- At least ten (10) years practical leadership experience in commercial construction; Strong background in small-size to mid-scale construction projects ($1 million plus) with proven ability to manage renovation projects of < $5 million strongly preferred.
- Verifiable work history/references demonstrating exceptional contributions, skills and integrity.
- Has current 30-hour or 10 hour OSHA certification.
- Must have a valid US Driver’s License.