SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Project Manager’s position is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating all construction related activities on a designated project, to ensure goals of the project are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters, by performing the following duties.
- Responsible for Project finances.
- Work with project superintendent to maintain project budget, schedule, job-site safety and project quality.
- Study and understand project drawings, specifications, subcontract agreements and purchase orders.
- Responsible for writing subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Solicit, review and expedite submittals.
- Review and expedite RFI’s for approval and processing.
- Manage the change order process: review changes, obtain pricing, and gain approvals.
- Understand and support jobsite safety requirements.
- Prepare As-Built drawings and specifications. Coordinate with Superintendent to ensure Field drawings/specifications up-to-date.
- Responsible for job set-up, project meetings, safety, record-keeping and quality control.
- Responsible for project closeout.
- Strong technology skills: Proficient in MS Office and various systems.
- Experience with project accounting software.
- Strong leadership, conflict management and communication skills (verbal and written) – able to build rapport and negotiate skillfully.
- Strong organizational and planning skills -able to effectively allocate and develop resources.
- Result-focused – able to effectively delegate and follow-up.
- Professional, dependable, and ethical.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Project Managers will need to be able to manage multiple projects ranging in contract values from $500,000 to $5,000,000.
- Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent field.
- Three to five years of experience as a project manager for a commercial general contractor.
- Dependable, result-focused and ethical.
- Verifiable work references and a strong work history reflecting strong communication skills.
- Successful completion of post-offer background, drug, and MVR screenings.