We have an immediate opening with one of our top clients. We are currently seeking a highly skilled Project Manager with affordable housing project experience. The projects vary from 65-200 units. The ideal candidate will accomplish project objectives by planning and evaluating project activities according to pre-designed stipulations assessed by them-self and the team. A Project Manager is someone who is fully responsible for a certain project assigned to him. A Project Manager is the glue that keeps a project moving, on schedule and under budget. The vast majority of time spent being a project manager is communicating with everyone involved in the project, ensuring that everyone is on the same page. They anticipate problems before they occur and find ways to accomplish project goals regardless of changing circumstances. A Project Manager does all this and is expected have a high level of experience and abilities along these lines.
At least 5+ years experience preferred.
Mid-Rise experience required.
Ground-up construction preferred.
· Accomplishes human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
· Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
· Easily recognizes areas for internal improvement and develops plans for implementation.
· Lends expertise to internal teams and task forces.
· Reviews the status reports of team members across projects and addresses issues as appropriate.
· Complies with and enforces standard policies and procedures.
· Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Manages the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large scale projects.
· Oversees managers working on client engagements within practice.
· Reviews high-level deliverables across projects.
· Implements engagement review and quality assurance procedures in accordance with our methodology to ensure profitable and successful execution of consulting engagements as measured by regional goals and customer satisfaction.
· Minimizes our exposure and risk across multiple projects.
· Manages scope and mitigates risk across projects.
Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for all projects under his/her direction.
· Integrates financial data for multiple projects.
· Compares financial data for practice to that of other practices and seeks ways to maximize revenue.
· Analyzes profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization across projects.
· Addresses elevated billing issues when they arise.
Participates in all programs relating to performance evaluations and career development planning.
· Reviews evaluations within practice for consistency.
· Mentors managers through formal channels.
· Assesses training needs and selects training tools for team members.
· Manages the development of project teams by ensuring that project tasks are in line with each Innovator’s career interests.