The Director, Engineering and Maintenance is the key technical liaison between the VP, Operations and the Group Maintenance and Engineering Department; and is critical to achieving maximum financial benefit from the plant’s capital expenditures, production equipment and fixed assets, in accordance with the operation’s goals and objectives.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Performs all tasks in a safe manner, complies with all safety rules including confined spaced entry. Identifies and reports unsafe operations to the supervisor immediately.
- Follows all company policies.
- Direct engineering and maintenance services to ensure operational reliability consistent with the needs of the broader organization
- Develop and manage a robust Change Management Process.
- Develop timelines to meet Customer Deliverables related to Engineering Change
- Lead Change Management meetings
- Responsible for all facility and site maintenance activities.
- Direct the Preventative Maintenance and Reliability Programs for all manufacturing process equipment.
- Direct maintenance schedules, work orders, and make tactical decisions to optimize utilization of resources in alignment with equipment availability and plant priorities
- Lead/support Parts Room inventory accuracy and “right sizing” initiatives
- Track and evaluate maintenance performance using KPI’s
- Trouble shoot process/equipment related issues and fine tune process to eliminate process-induced defects.
- Review processing methods and provide continuous development of manufacturing techniques that will improve in-house capabilities
- Participate in Site Leadership activities to include strategic planning, plant communications and cross functional problem solving\Utilize A3 methodology to ensure the attainment of Continuous Improvement objectives
- Ensure 5s compliance, create and manage schedules for sustained performance
- Utilize new technology and Lean Manufacturing principles and processes to maximize efficiency.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement initiatives on all aspect of the job.
- Develop and provide guidance to reduce variation in all aspects of the manufacturing and operational process.
- Maintain a current knowledge of the overall aspects of the Manufacturing process, new technology, and processes, attending training courses, trade shows and industry conferences as required.
- Conduct studies and implement project plans to improve production efficiencies, cost reductions and reduce manufacturing costs.
- Direct, plan, manage and execute capital improvement projects
- Conduct detailed studies providing a detailed action plan and execution for cost reduction, quality improvements and optimization of the manufacturing process to increase profitability.
- Manage area specific safety programs
- Develop subordinate leaders to assure their continued personal growth in both technical and leadership aspects
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO WIN
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related field required
- 10-15 years of manufacturing operations, program management and maintenance/ technical experience.
- Demonstrated ability in preventive maintenance, reliability engineering, maintenance planning, TPM, capital project development, cost estimation and management
- Multi-craft expertise in electrical, mechanical, pneumatics, and hydraulics
- Working knowledge of PLCs and plant automation systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and CMMS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work efficiently without direct supervision
- Six Sigma proficiency with demonstrated results a plus
- Must have demonstrated performance results through creating a Lean Manufacturing environment.
- Clear understanding of ISO Quality Systems and processes, Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
- Ability to work well under extreme pressure and able to utilize problem solving techniques effectively.
- Respect and understanding of the Customer / Supplier relationship.
- Ability to manage direct reports in an efficient and engagement fostering manner.
- Ability to be a resource throughout the Group organization, including occasional travel.
- Proven ability to develop systems, coordinate teams, develop and manage timeline.
- Team player – give and receive feedback
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Competitive Benefits and Salary
- Rewarding Challenges
- Professional Environment
- Legendary Quality
- Dynamic Team Environment
- Opportunities for advancement
Blue Ridge Executive Search
6930 Brevard Rd
P.O. Box 1237
Etowah, NC 28729
Send resumes to [email protected]