Are you ready to take the next step in automation? We may have an exciting position just for you. We are on the hunt for a Controls Engineer in the Raleigh Area.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING!
- Lead controls system design and implementation for turn-key automation projects, including electrical, safety, and software.
- Coordinate build and startup efforts with electrical and mechanical assembly technicians. Install equipment in customer facilities.
- Complete projects to schedule and budget, meeting contract requirements according to company standards and practices.
- Work with members of the project team, including vendors, customers, and Company personnel to develop a controls architecture providing the required functionality based on recognized industry standards and contractual specifications.
- Document project related communications with vendors and customers, and effectively communicate requirements to the project team.
- Develop electrical and pneumatic schematics and release to the shop floor, based on contractual requirements, company standards, electrical codes, and recognized safety standards. Generate Bills of Material for purchase, including vendor and pricing information.
- Complete safety system risk assessments and generate reports based on customers’ specific requirements. Work with project management and mechanical designers to mitigate safety hazards.
- Develop software for automation controllers, HMI, SCADA, vision systems, robotics, and other components of the controls architecture. Work with other members of the project team to ensure that machine functionality is acceptable based on process requirements, mechanical design, adherence to standards, and meeting recognized safety requirements before implementation.
- Implement and debug controls system on the floor, coordinating with assembly personnel for startup, testing, and meeting cycle time and quality requirements.
- Travel to customers’ facilities, as required, for installation and startup, and for troubleshooting technical issues during warranty period. Estimated travel 20%.
- Participate in the management of the budget and scheduled hours for controls engineering and electrical assembly. Ensure that project milestones are achieved. Accurately report project status through regular written reports.
- Work with controls project team members, customers, project managers, designers, toolmakers, and electricians to solve problems in order to provide the customer with a complete functional system. Determine and document the cost of scope changes, customer or internal, as required.
- Regularly review and evaluate new controls related products in order to provide cost effective and up-to-date controls solutions.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO WIN!
- BS degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Five years’ hands-on experience in design and integration of industrial automation and controls systems, utilizing current hardware and programming software.
- Strong experience in programming, integration, and electrical design and troubleshooting.
- Proven leadership qualities including good spoken and written communication skills, ability to work with and motivate team members, and a willingness to take responsibility for key aspects of projects to ensure success.
- Experience with the following hardware and software is preferred:
- Rockwell Automation RSLogix5000 controllers
- Siemens, Automation Direct, Yaskawa, and other controllers
- Rockwell Automation and other servo control systems
- FANUC and Staubli robots
- Cognex and Keyence vision systems
- Safety controllers
- HMI packages
- SQL database development
WHAT TO EXPECT HERE
The successful candidate is an energetic, solution-oriented individual with a team-building attitude. This candidate demonstrates proficiency using hardware and software tools, has the ability to architect solutions. This individual applies knowledge, skills, and analytical methods to ensure optimized performance. The successful candidate maintains an excellent work ethic and is proficient in both written and verbal communications. The ideal candidate strives for a job well done.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefits Package
- Fast paced working environment
- Great Working Culture
- Innovative Technology
- Team That Truly Loves their work!
Blue Ridge Executive Search