JOB DUTIES –
Build new subcontractor relationships and maintain existing relationships.
– Effectively communicate with subcontractors, architects, and design teams.
– Effectively communicate with internal and external clients.
– Actively participate in proposal presentations.
– Identify potential risk issues and communicate effectively with project team.
– Exhibit detailed knowledge of project delivery methods, design phases, etc.
– Establish proficiency with estimating programs.
– Refine understanding of how schedule and site logistics affect the estimate. – Adept knowledge of estimate format structures.
– Understand client deliverables and required process to achieve desired results. o Significant role in deliverable packaging effort.
– Proficient in subcontractor scope review and bid analysis process for most scopes of work. o Identify and address cross trade scope coordination issues.
– Participate and/or lead internal proposal review process.
– Exhibit continued consistent quality of work product.
– Generate accurate detailed estimates and clarifications
– Develop conceptual estimating skills.
– Demonstrate leadership and follow-through on assigned individual projects.
– Ability to lead multiple project pursuits.
– Manage value engineering process.
– Development of General Conditions costs for inclusion in estimates.
– Well-versed in proposal clarification process.
– Understanding appropriate systems costs for project type.
– Actively engage in internal and external company functions.
– Promote company image, ethics, and professionalism.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or related field (preferred).
– Three to five years of general contractor preconstruction experience.
– Experience in hard bid and negotiated projects