We are looking for an Estimator to join our client’s Raleigh, NC district office. The successful candidate is a builder capable of taking ownership and leading in the preparation of a complete estimate or proposal. The aspiring applicant will also be adept at identifying risk and opportunities and developing a win strategy.
Preparation of thorough, accurate and timely estimates. Assist in the development of written proposals for value type pursuits.Lead in the presentation and review of estimates at the District level.Gather site and market information pertinent to bid preparation.Manage material take-off and quantity surveying.Work with the Administration group to ensure bid bond, insurance and document review requirements are met.Develop safe, high quality approaches to construction with our Engineering Department.Source best value subcontractors and suppliers while working with our Purchasing Department.Manage the request for quotations process and any special interest requirements. Accumulate, evaluate, and document historical cost data.Organize and prepare bid close documents.Review special requirements with the Chief Estimator.Maintain addendum control.Complete general expense entries and preliminary construction schedule.Ensure that all bid forms are completed and properly prepared. Complete the as-bid estimate.Lead estimate turnover on successful projects.
- 8+ years of progressive experience as a civil estimator on heavy civil transportation and bridge projects or by project management experience is required.
- Complex steel, structures, moveable bridge and post-tensioned structure experience is specifically desired.
- Bridge rehab experience is a plus.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering is required, possessing your PE is desirable.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and strong interpersonal skills are requisite.
- Ability to estimate multiple projects at the same time with proven time management skills. The ability to work independently or as a member of a team. A strong work ethic to complete tasks in a high quality manner. A solid attention to detail with the ability to be a problem solver.
- Possess a depth knowledge with multiple state DOTs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and HCSS is required.
- Knowledge in Primavera, CAD and digital take off programs is desirable.