Assistant Superintendent _ Colorado Springs _ Colorado
ALL ABOUT THIS CAREER OPPORTUNITY!
One of the top general contractors in this area has an opening for an Assistant Superintendent to join their energetic team in Colorado Springs, CO. This position is responsible for assisting the Project Manager and Superintendent with assigned projects, including helping to coordinate field operations, site safety, productivity, schedule, quality work, and trade and supplier coordination. Because safety is paramount to our client and is embedded into everything we do, all team members are responsible for working safely within our Incident and Injury Free culture.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING!
- Assist with managing on-site construction activities.
- Understand all the plans, specifications, and project details.
- Help with scheduling and procuring tools, equipment, and materials and ensure that the trade contractors meet the schedule while performing quality work.
- Aid in the coordination, review, and control of all project cost codes, budgets, and production units for the project.
- Troubleshoot Jobsite challenges and offer innovative solutions. Document all corrections, changes, and requests.
- Help create site-specific safety plans that strive for Zero Injury on all projects. Assist with monitoring compliance and performance.
- Provide assistance to other departments with the pre-construction and planning phases.
- Maintain a Zero Punch list by establishing a punch list process and close-out procedures with the Project Manager, owner, and architect before trade contractor work begins.
- Assist with procuring future projects while helping build client loyalty.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR SUCCESS!
- High school diploma or equivalent plus 2 or more years of related field experience. Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or related field, trade experience.
- Some background in Large Projects with working knowledge of diverse sectors.
- Knowledge of and connection with local and regional construction networks.
- Familiarity with construction management software such as Prolog, MS Project, Excel, Sure Trak, and/or AutoCad.
- Solid understanding of building plans and specifications, value engineering, and life cycle costing.
- Ability to travel to project sites. Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously under time constraints.
- Developed oral, written, and presentation skills.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Competitive Benefits and Salary
- Rewarding Challenges
- Professional Environment
- Legendary Quality
- Dynamic Team Environment
- Opportunities for advancement
Blue Ridge Executive Search
6930 Brevard Rd
P.O. Box 1237
Etowah, NC 28729
For more information for this position please forward your resume or email us at [email protected] search.net
We work hard for our candidates. You want a company that understands your industry and is willing to go the extra mile. Blue Ridge Executive Search is that company. We have successfully recruited and placed hundreds of candidates within the construction industry.