Fort Collins, United States, North America
Senior (5+ years of experience)
Lead Superintendent- Fort Collins
Summary of Position: Completes construction projects by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors, field staff, and sub-contractors. Position may oversee one or more jobs/areas at a time.
- Directly oversees job site personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work schedules, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Works with Project Manager and Scheduler in the development and refinement of the project schedule, to keep the schedules properly updated, and see that the job meets the completion date.
- Studies specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times.
- Orders procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specific times to conform to work schedules.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated on reports.
- Completes Daily Field Production Reports on a daily basis.
- Ensures company employees and subcontractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
- 5 years Construction experience working in the capacity of Superintendent.
- Knowledgeable in General Building and Civil construction a plus
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Manages difficult customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, and responds well to questions.
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED.
- OSHA 30 certification a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and other basic computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with others.
- Must pass pre-employment drug test/physical/background check.