Memphis, TN, United States, North America
Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
Lead Superintendent- Memphis
Our client, an industry-leading national general contractor, is seeking a Lead Superintendent for a senior living project in Memphis, TN. Prior experience working in Type 2 construction, including steel and concrete, is required. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 but up to 10 year's experience on projects up to $25MM.
They offer a progressive environment where your prior skills and experience will be valued and developed further. They're compensation and benefits package is competitive, offering generous Paid Time Off and a full complement of insurance programs. And because the work spans across a multitude of market sectors, the team has an opportunity to shift between project types. The company culture has been described as a family environment that promotes work-life balance.
Summary: Supervises and coordinates the daily activities of construction workers, contractors, sub-contractors and Assistant Superintendents. A Superintendent’s responsibility is to ensure that the project is progressing according to plan and Owner specifications in conjunction with the Project Manager, Architects and Owners.
Essential Duties and Overall Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following, as other duties may be assigned:
· Documentation: Effectively prepares a complete Daily Construction Report – well written, accurate weather, delineates specific activities and manpower on a timely basis (weekly); aids in preparing subcontractor preparatory meeting minutes; takes project photos; notifies Project Manager of all change orders; effectively tracks and documents all T&M issues; RFI’s; uses the CCI stamp when documenting subcontractor tickets; obtains approval from PM to make changes prior to performing work; and documents, notifies and issues back-charges to subcontractors before they occur, notifying and involving the PM in this process.
· Communication: holds weekly subcontractor meetings for the duration of the project; reads and enforces Subcontracts; communicates with project manager at a minimum twice daily; provides project specific responsibilities for assist superintendents; and interacts with clients in a professional manner
· Schedule: prepares well developed three week schedules and ensures they are issued to all subcontractors for the duration of the project. Coordinates and reviews schedule with PM. Assists in the development and maintenance of the project master schedule with the project manager; compares the three week schedules with the project master; completes projects routinely on time; proactively schedules work to expedite project, and addresses problematic subcontractors early
· Safety: prepares Daily and Weekly Safety Reports; holds pre-task safety meetings with subcontractors; attends mandatory monthly safety meetings; posts all required safety information in trailer; collects and maintains all subcontractor safety plans or had subcontractor sign to abide by CCI; collects and maintains all project specific MSDS information in a well-organized binder; documents all safety warnings – verbal, written etc.
· Storm Water Prevention: prepares Daily/Weekly/Event SWMP Reports; posts appropriate SWMP docs in trailer; maintains and modifies SWMP Plan; ensures and adapts BMP’s are in place
· Organization: clean, neat and well organized work space; project documents (drawings, specifications, etc.) are up to date and organized; maintains a clean project site and enforces subcontractor cleaning responsibilities
· Quality: develops deficiency list and issues on a weekly basis; reads, researches, coordinates, and understands project documents prior to start of tasks; develops and maintains a quality deficiency list for the duration of the project; reviews project documents and specifications with subcontractor in detail prior to start of activities; reviews submittals prior to installation of work; continuously verifies site layout and dimensions; attends and leads (if needed) all preparatory meetings; documents all initial inspections; and documents follow up inspections.
· Close-out: prepare, track, and maintain project turnover matrix to include all jurisdictional sign-offs, owner requirements etc; maintain as-built documents for duration of the project; takes responsibility for completing punch-list within two weeks of issuance; and develops final punchlist in association with the project team.
· Cost Tracking: obtains general conditions cost estimates from Project Manager at start of project; maintains individual cost tracking logs on site; obtains minimum monthly cost updates from PM and reconciles; and effectively manages cost expenditures
· Miscellaneous: on project during all work activities; ensures the company signs are posted in conspicuous areas of project; treats subcontractors fairly; knows and exceeds clients project specific expectations; researches and communicates with other project staff for similar project types to minimize learning curve; timely addresses project warranty issues; and works in concert with PM and project team to represent a single project focus
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, & Outlook, office equipment and Internet Explorer or other similar Internet tools and experience. Prior experience with Procore software is a plus. Must be willing to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 3-10 years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior construction project in the range of up to $25MM.
Daily supervision of project site, contractors, sub-contractors, Assistant Superintendents, and any other project on-site needs and/or activities.