|GREAT OPPORTUNITY!! IMMEDIATE NEED!!
Project Superintendent needs to have self-perform structural concrete experience, experience in Hard money and GC concrete experience.
- Works closely with management to plan and execute projects and ensure their successful completion ensuring safety is the highest priority.
- Plans and supervises all activities including determining method of construction, sequencing, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment and work schedule.
- Trains and develops experienced Foremen/Lead on Concrete Structural Construction working on their projects as well as developing a solid mentoring system for his crew.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of the construction operation, through assigned personnel.
- Creates and maintains project schedule; plans, monitors and reviews critical path dates and milestone schedules, in conjunction with Project Manager.
- Communicates site problems, plan conflicts, schedule and quality issues effectively to the Project Manager and General Contractor.
- Proactively identifies and resolves field construction problems.
- Maintains open communication with other subcontractors to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc. support project activities and project schedule
- Insures that project safety protocols are implemented and followed, Site Specific Safety Plans, JSA’s, Daily Activity Planner, and Tool Box Talks.
- Monitors all personnel & subcontractor for compliance with project safety program requirements; actively evaluates the effectiveness and ensures that corrective measures are implemented.
- Participates in monthly Jobsite Safety Assessments and assists the Safety Department in performing incident and/or accident investigations and follow-up
- Actively and continually monitors project equipment needs, utilization and maintenance requirements. Understands all subcontractors’ scopes; assures subcontractors maintain schedules, and quality standards meet contract requirements.
- Works with the General Contractor to ensure work complies with drawings and specifications.
- Provides input regarding cost and schedule forecasts.
- Assists with review (\% complete) of monthly pay requests.
- Assists with Change Order review.
- Performs project close-out and ensures punch list is completed in a timely manner.
- Actively participates in business development & estimating activities within their core competency.
- Performs additional assignments per supervisor’s direction
- Responsible and accountable for incumbent’s own personal safety.
- Responsible and accountable for the safety of all co-workers and any others incumbent comes in contact with.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Establish effective communications with the client, architect, engineers and contractors.
2. In conjunction with the Estimating Department, initiate cost control accounting and reporting procedures.
3. Insure that a project safety program is established and carried out using current corporate guidelines.
4. Initiate project controls and documentation (daily, weekly & monthly reports, RFI’s, field orders, minutes and correspondence.
5. Complete pre-award conference checklist and draft subcontracts and purchase orders.
6 Formulate goals and objectives of the project and illustrate them in detailed project schedules of both time and values.
7. Coordinate staffing requirements with the Corporate Office.
8. Manage financial aspects of contracts, including changes orders, applications for payment, contractor and supplier payments, equipment rentals, back charges, etc.
9. Monitor and control construction activity and represent the company at project meetings.
10. Participate in a post-project evaluation to carry “lessons learned” to future projects.
11. Perform additional assignments as directed by Project Executive.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening and strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Ability to create and support team morale.
- Demonstrated understanding of building processes and systems.
- Work scope requires complete understanding of cost estimating, budgeting and forecasting.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Timberline, Heavyjob and P6.
- 5+ years of experience in commercial construction, preferably within our core markets.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or related field.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.