Colorado, United States, North America
Senior (5+ years of experience)
QA/QC Manager-Denver, Colorado
Oversees the planning, training, implementation and documentation of companies QA/QC program. Specifically is responsible to review and revise companies written QA/QC plan, train employees on the plan, ensure every project has a project specific plan in place, periodically audit the implementation status on a project by project basis, and provide support to project teams when necessary. Responsible to protect and promote the interest of company in all matters.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Refine and maintain the company written QA/QC Plan.
- Conduct new hire training on the key aspects of the QA/QC plan, as well as periodic recurrent training for existing employees.
- Meet with every project team to ensure they have a project specific QA/QC plan in place at the beginning of the project. Provide assistance as needed. At a minimum the plan should include / require:
- Preconstruction meetings with each subcontractor
- Subcontractor QA/QC plans
- Mock ups of key components
- First day inspections of each trade’s work
- Pre-planned phase inspections
- Waterproofing and roofing inspection/testing
- Deficiency tracking and notification
- Punch-list process
- Owner turnover procedures
- Warranty hand-off
- Periodically audit the program for each project to ensure compliance and effectiveness. Provide a written summary of the results of the audit to the General Superintendent.
- Be available to assist project teams with implementing and refining their programs as required.
- For every project, conduct a pre-punchlist meeting with project team 30 days in advance to ensure they have a solid plan in place to complete this critical phase of the project.
- Facilitate a handoff meeting from operations to warranty, ensuring the punchlist is complete and accepted prior to initiating the warranty reporting and tracking system
- Periodically solicit feedback from the Warranty Department for the purposed of evaluating the effectiveness of the QAQC program.
- At the end of the warranty period, facilitate a post job review with operations and warranty. Document performance of both, and share any lessons learned.
- Provide similar services to the companies Self Perform Services group.
- Provide feedback to the Preconstruction department, as needed.
- Participate in presentations and assist in the development of proposals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 10-years of building construction experience. Experience must include turn-over of residential units to clients and property managers.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the general construction practices and techniques, construction document reading, and construction means, methods and materials.
- Knowledge and experience with residential construction, particularly the punch-list, turnover and customer service process.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and database management tracking tools such as Latista.
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills combined with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of working independently.
Job keywords/tags: quality , control , manager , denver , colorado , construction