Colorado, United States, North America
Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
Provide support for projects by preparing and updating project schedules and act as primary scheduler for projects. Provide leadership, oversight, and guidance for direct reports.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create proposals and detailed construction schedules to assist Marketing, Pre-Construction and Operations.
- Visit jobsites to review job status, update schedule, and provide feedback to project team on areas of concern & where improvements can occur.
- Provide the data and resources to adjust schedules for market and regional factors like materials markets, labor force, seasonal weather patterns, etc.
- Lead detailed critical path analysis for problem projects, root cause analysis for issues, support project teams to coordinate with subcontractors’ schedule issues and recovery schedules.
- Guide project teams in assessing sequencing / methods of construction, project delays / impacts, alternate work plans, and recovery schedules.
- Develop and teach CPM planning & scheduling training programs for operations and self-perform staff.
- Attend the kick-off and coordination meetings (of large systems, MEP, etc.) to get acquainted with subcontractors’ key project personnel; and with Owner/Clients, as applicable and needed.
- Prepare monthly reports tracking schedule progress for projects.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 4-year degree in Construction Technology / Construction Science, Engineering, or Architecture.
- Master ability in use of scheduling software utilized by company (particularly P6), and knowledgeable about software used by others in construction industry (Asta, MS Project, etc).
- Individual contributor & team leader.
- Knowledgeable in all types of building construction projects and delivery methods.
- Knowledge of Critical Path Method scheduling and schedule analysis for time extension requests, types of delays and claims.
- Ability to recognize on jobsite visits where there are schedule sequencing areas of concern & where sequencing improvements can occur.
- Good communication skills along with the ability to deal with different personalities.
- Positive and professional attitude.
- Daily travel will be required, along with some overnight travel.
Job keywords/tags: scheduler , construction , denver , colorado